Blender 2.8 Creating your First 3D Game Model
Learn to model, UV-unwrap, texture & render a basic game-ready well in Blender 2.8
What you’ll learn
- Following through a complete guide on creating a stone well
- Following through a complete guide on making your first game-ready model of a well
- Using Blender 2.8 and understand its interface
- UV mapping and UV unwrapping your model
- Applying hard- and soft-edges
- Explore and have fun with texturing
- Creating an illusion of moss growing on well walls
- Create a water shader
- Optimising and reducing polygon counts
- Lighting a scene from a sun
- Creating a daylight sky render in Blender 2.8
- Making a game-ready stone well asset
Who this course is for
- Beginners to Blender or 3D modelling up to mid level 3D artists
- Blender 2.76 and above, Free to download Via the official Blender website
‘ Blender 2.8: Creating your First 3D Game Model ’ will provide you with a thorough workflow and all the tools to create the well featured in the course introduction.
If you have ever wanted to create a game ready 3D model that looks like it belongs in a triple AAA game, then this course will make a fantastic starting point to begin your journey. Everything is created using the latest free software – Blender 2.8.
This course is aimed at Blender 2.8 beginners and it will provide you with the tools to create the asset in this scene. It will also teach you the basics of texturing, UV-unwrapping, lighting, and rendering in Blender 2.8. This will be one of the first courses on Blender 2.8 since its release.
I will introduce you to all the shortcuts and everything will be explained. Complete beginners to Blender 2.8 will quickly find their feet and before you know it, you will be creating scenes that look like you have spent years in Blender.
Enrolling on this course will not only give you the tools to make a well. It will also provide you with freebies including 45 texture maps and 1 reference image all created by me, 3D Tudor, and unique to this course. Most of the textures are also seamless, so they can be easily used in any assets you create in the future.
Interesting highlights include showing you how build a well foundation, and how to texture realistic rocks with moss growing on them. We will also build common models in games, such as buckets, and I will show you how to make a water shader from scratch. Together we will build the well from scratch all the way to the end with nothing left out or left to guesswork.
Together we will also be making good use of the blender 2.8 modifiers. Including mirror, solidify and array mesh to speed up work flow which you will be able to use in future projects.
The focus of this course is to show you how to make realistic models, to a real-world scale. Lighting and rendering is also an essential part of this course, and after you have finished modelling, I will show you how to let a blue sky illuminate your stone well.
In the end you will also come away with the knowledge to render in the new Blender 2.8 Eevee renderer or trusted Blender Cycles.
Happy modeling everyone!
Neil 3D Tudor